ECI’s Brand New Principals
Eastern Controls has added two new Principals to our list of dynamic Industrial, Municipal, and Pharmaceutical companies: Kurz Instruments, Inc. and SignalFire.
Kurz Instruments, Inc.
Kurz Instruments, Inc., headquartered in Monterey, California, has maintained a reputation for designing and manufacturing Thermal Mass Flow Transmitters for industrial gas flow measurements.
They provide flow meter products that exceed the most challenging industry requirements. Their products are used in a wide variety of industries including Coal Power, Incinerators, Landfills, Metal, Nuclear, Petrochemicals, Pulp & Paper, and Wastewater.
SignalFire, located in Hudson, MA, Wireless Telemetry was created to answer a need for transferring data wirelessly over vast geographic distances. They broadened their reach into a larger industrial automation market space in 2015 by becoming a part of the TASI Group’s Flow Division. TASI Flow is a global leader in flow instrumentation, serving a diverse variety of industries (oil & gas, industrial manufacturing, chemical processing, hydraulic, and automotive).
SignalFire products include wireless nodes, wireless pressure sensors, wireless I/O modules, etc.
Headquartered in Haugesund, Norway, Fluenta is the global leader in the use of ultrasonic sensing technology for the measurement of flare gas, with more than 75% of the offshore market. Fluenta’s products and services serve the oil & gas, chemical, and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) industries. Using the latest ultrasonic sensing technology, Fluenta is extending its monitoring and measurement capabilities to chemicals, security, and medical markets.
Examples of Fluenta’s product line include the brand new UFM2100 Flare Gas Meter and the 160 Flare Gas Meter.
To learn more about Kurz, SignalFire, and/or Fluenta, please click here to fill out our contact form and a representative will reach out to you within 24 business hours: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 610-325-4600.
Training – Control Valve 101
On December 13th and 14th, ECI will host our highly-attended Control Valve 101 course for Engineers and Technicians.
The first session, entitled Control Valve 101-Engineer/Application Training exposes attendees to a variety of control valve designs and applications. The course agenda includes:
- Introduction to control valves
- ASME piping specifications and connections
- Valve body & bonnet material selection vs. design conditions
- Cv – Flow Coefficient
- FI – Pressure Recovery
- ANSI Leakage Classification
- Actuators and accessories
- Shut off capabilities
- Process control
Objectives for this course include:
- Develop an understanding of control valve design and applications
- Recognize the various types of control valves utilized in today’s process control loops
The second session is specifically structured to guide maintenance technicians through troubleshooting and repair of control valves. This hands-on course exposes technicians to the construction and assembly of both rotary and reciprocating control valves. The course agenda includes:
- Definition and understanding of various types of control valves
- Globe, ball, and butterfly type
- How the control valves function/operate
- Body sub-assemblies and different actuation techniques
- Exposure to accessories associated with control valves
Objectives for this course include:
- Recognize the various types of control valves used in Process Control
- Understand construction and function of control valves
- Obtain hands-on familiarity with valve assembly
Attendees will experience hands-on learning with the PTU® (Process Training Unit) and in the ECI maintenance and assembly shop. A complimentary lunch will be offered. Don’t miss your chance to attend one of our most popular training courses!
Sign up on our website here!
Product Focus Wrap-Up
ECI recently started a brand-new product-oriented campaign called The Product Focus. Each week we feature a specific product from one of our many Principals and provide an overview of the product and how its features can improve your processes.
Last month, ECI featured the following products (click on each link to learn more about how that product benefits you):
- Endress+Hauser’s Liquiline System TP Analyzer
- Saunders® EX Endurance Diaphragms
- TURCK IO-Link Technology
- SpectraSensors SS1000 Portable Moisture Analyzer
If you are constantly replacing your pH sensors, ECI and Endress+Hauser have the intelligent, safe, and innovative technology for you!
E+H Memosens is more than just a digital protocol or an inductive plug-in head: it is the ideal solution for safety and operating comfort in analytical measuring technology. This technology revolutionizes liquid analysis technology. It converts the measured value into a digital signal and transfers it inductively to the transmitter.
Memosens undoubtedly sets standards in process analytics. It is not only much more reliable than old, analog sensor technology, but also more user-friendly and convenient. Crowned by high-cost savings potential, there is no reasonable argument to choose analog instruments. Memosens sets standards in reliability, user-friendliness, maintenance strategies, and cost of ownership.
- Reduction in process downtime as sensors are pre-calibrated in the lab
- Calibrate sensors in the controllable and comfortable environment of a laboratory
- More accurate process management thanks to sensor maintenance planning – no surprises
- Predictive maintenance as an integrated part of the sensor technology, resulting in improved asset management
To download the whitepaper on Memosens®, click here!
POWER-GEN International, the world’s largest power generation event, provides comprehensive coverage of the trends, technologies, and issues facing the generation sector. More than 1,400 companies from all sectors of the industry exhibit each year to benefit from the exposure to more than 20.000 attendees. A key emphasis is placed on new solutions and innovations for the future.
Benefits of Attending:
- See the latest technologies, innovations, and trends from over 1,400 exhibitors
- Learn how to successfully implement these innovations into your operations to cut costs, maximize efficiencies, improve visibility, and reduce risk
- Network with thousands of other industry professionals
- Get insight into practical solutions to complex problems, including valuable skills that will better equip you to do your job
- Hear from powerful speakers with innovative ways to tackle the latest industry challenges
- Investigate real-world case studies
Conference sessions are organized into multiple concurrent session tracks:
- Gas Turbine Technology
- Flexible Generation & On-Site Power
- Gas-Fired Power Plants
- Energy Storage
- Emissions Control
- Power Project Financing
- Plant Performance
- The Digital Power Plant
- Material Handling
- Clean Coal Technologies
- Utility-Scale Renewable Power
- Distributed Renewable Power
- Nuclear Power
- Business Trends & Regulatory Issues
You can register for this great networking event by clicking here!
Evan Ludwig | Marketing Communications Specialist